08 July 2008

That's Mr Homosexual to you!

The American Family Association has reportedly replaced the word 'gay' with 'homosexual' in all its documentation including online material. Unfortunately their attempt to reclaim the word 'gay' through the magic of auto-replace led to these blunders in online articles about US athlete Tyson Gay...

"Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has." and "Homosexual eases into 100 final at Olympic trials".

which is mildly amusing but nowhere near as giggle-making as,

"It means a lot to me," 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

Yes well it is important to know that you have it in you...

According to unconfirmed reports, in the light of this mishap, plans to auto-replace the word lesbian with muff-diver have been put on hold...

Hopefully the good folk at AFA do not write travel stories about Holland...
All of this nonsense reminds me of this wry Fry and Laurie sketch...

5 comments:

  1. It would have added an extra element of weirdness to Enid Blyon books.

    "... George, Timmy and Julian had a very homosexual time at the picnic, until the smugglers appeared"

    "The circus caravans were painted a homosexual yellow, and pulled by smiling gyspsies. Hurrah! The circus is in town! Everyone felt homosexual and came out to wave!"

    Hurrah indeed.

    Did you hear the 25 year old catholic fundamentalist woman on Hack about condom use in Africa? She was the best example ever of a brain scrubbed clean. I nearly vomitted in my car. lawyer David- free legal advice please. Would this be viable grounds to sue the Catholic church? I am not at all interested in suing triple j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. "... George, Timmy and Julian had a very homosexual time at the picnic, until the smugglers appeared" Oh, you! *bats eyelids*

    I was not unfortunate to hear the fundamentalist espouse her views on condom use in Africa. I shall have to get a transcript if we are to proceed with an action. I shall ready myself with buckets and cold flannels when i do read it. I rather fear your case for damages is lessened by the lack of actual, or real, vomit. The presence of vomit would have allowed redress for ruination of clothing, stereo, vehicular upholstery and perhaps mechanics, -in the case of spectacularly pervasive vomit. All is not lost however. One might seek a remedy for the pain, injury and suffering experienced due to the apprehension of vomit.

    Perhaps you should come to my office and we can debrief each other. But i digress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe transcripts may be available!

    However, such actions will no doubt lead to a spate of lawsuits relating to that very broadcast.

    Actually, it's worth downloading it from the hack website just for the sheer hilarity/omg-wtf factor.

    And ha- excellent lawyer pun. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just heard some kids singing a song called "Hedgehog Hunt" which, to my American ears, sounds like something much ruder. I don't think they were emphasizing the "H" in "hunt" enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the Spanish/Mexican pronunciation of Qantas....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Visit Counter