10 September 2010

Them ones' spellen misteaks

Two people sent emails to me with grammatical errors today.

Firstly I was informed that…

A list of the boards are provided below.

List is singular! It should be is provided below’ And let's not forget that apostrophe for the boards i.e. boards'.

And then a senior legal officer sent me this asking…

What is there status? Their status!! That phrase would only work if I was a Roman named Status during the time of the Caesars and my questioner was asking, “Why go to Adelaide for a holiday? What is there, Status?

Not to mention the fact that the stationery cupboard’s name is Stationary Cupboard.

Breathe deeply David. Breathe deeply.


4 comments:

  1. Gahhhh! Why don't they just 'get it'?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the posts about emails you get at work are my favourites
    i love knowing about spelling mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess the cupboard isn't going anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey the knowledge you have shared, i really appreciate. Thank you so much for such a wonderful post....Keep Rocking

    ReplyDelete

Blog Visit Counter