12 June 2008

But Adelaide is so easy to get around!!!

I am currently dipping in and out of George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia. This is primarily due to the fact it is June and therefore, in the Southern Hemisphere, Winter and I am pining for glorious sunny Spain. Though, to be frank, anywhere warm and European shall suffice.
My reading is bringing back wonderful memories of Spain. However the Spain of Homage to Catalonia, is more fractious and violent than the Spain I remember. Perhaps that is because the book is about the Civil War and the associated death and violence. Hmmm.
Anyway, there is a placa in Barcelona named after George and I am reminded of how amused I was to see this banner informing of surveillance cameras operating in the area.

I took the photo in 2007 not 1984. Big Brother anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visit Counter