24 June 2008

How Green becomes Black then Brown

Greening is a big issue in my office. It is listed on the agenda for each staff meeting. Hence our worm discussion blogged previously. As part of the greening of the office, among other initiatives, we turn the lights off in our offices when we go to a meeting or go to lunch. We also turn the lights off in the toilets when they are unoccupied. Every small bit helps!

I am usually the only male on my floor. However, a male employee from another department, has been temporarily seconded to our office. This employee is abreast of greening issues. I discovered this to my detriment just recently when, ensconced in my cubicle in the windowless toilet, the new employee zipped in, zipped down, zipped up and zipped out and turned the light off leaving me in complete darkness with my task incomplete.

One man's concern for greening quickly became another man's concern for browning...

and I don't mean Robert...

1 comment:

  1. zipped in zipped down zipped up zipped out!!
    loved it :)

    Oh and a Robert Browning reference in a post - was that just for me?? LOL

    I am guessing that put that in cos of the 'half-flushed' line out of My Last Duchess!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Visit Counter